Homie is cheaper than an a regular lease or rental contract. And compared to buying you can save money on purchasing and several other types of costs:
1. Homie Research shows that our pay-per-use model nudge customers to start washing more efficiently, this way they use up to 25% less energy and water.
2. More than 50% of the washing machines exhibit defects within 5 years. The same problem goes with dryers. And the costs for repair are often quite high, including call-put charges, parts and labour.
3. Second-hand machines are inexpensive to purchase, but often break down quickly, so you have to buy a new or second-hand machine again. And they often use more energy and water than new machines.
Washing fun? Mwah. It's just part of life. Homie wants to ensure that you wash with a smile through good service, sustainable machines and ease of use. We deliver, connect and repair (when necessary) the appliance for free. And of course we recycle your old machine.
We also send our Homies an email every month, in which they can read exactly how much they have used the Homie appliance compared to previous months and to other Homie users. This way you know every month which programmes you have used the most and how much water and electricity it has cost.
Homie is working in four ways on a sustainable circular future, or, a clean world as we call it.
1. We only offer energy-efficient machines with a long lifespan.
2. Research shows that our pay-per-use model nudge customers to start washing more efficiently, this way they use up to 25% less energy and water.
3. By repairing and reusing our devices, they last much longer so fewer appliances need to be produced. Furthermore, we encourage manufacturers to design their appliances to be more economical, durable and easier to repair.
4. In addition to Pay-Per-Use services for individual households, we also focus on the shared use of white goods. Because lets face it, when you live in a residential complex you don't need your own washing machine or dryer. Sharing Homie machines is cheaper and better for the environment.